Brandless is one of those companies that is definitely on the rise. And there is good reason! This company makes quality products and for a really good price too! And before you ask, NO, I am not being paid to do this review. I discovered Brandless maybe a year-ish ago. I saw an ad somewhere…might have been Instagram. The products looked good and I decided to give it a try. Brandless makes products that are made ethically, with recycled material, organic ingredients, and all their beauty products are cruelty free, which is awesome, right?
So here is a list of things I’ve bought from them and a review for each:
- Green Tea and Aloe Body Lotion: This body lotion doesn’t have a strong scent, which is perfect for me. A lot of lotions I have used made my skin itch. This one does not. So, if you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend.
- Green Tea and Aloe Shampoo and Conditioner: So let me tell you how picky my hair is. I have an oddly textured hair that is sometimes curly, sometimes wavy, ALWAYS frizzy, and never obedient. I’ve tried a million shampoos over the years and this is the only one that has made my hair manageable. It also keeps my hair feeling cleaner longer. And the conditioner is awesome too, I have been deep conditioning way less.
- Grape Fruit Face Wash: Like the rest of my skin, my face is just a sensitive. Until I used this, I couldn’t find a decent face wash that didn’t leave my skin feeling dry, broken out, and just plain dull. My face has always been constantly red on the cheek area closest to my nose (it’s been that way as long as I can remember…and no it’s not rosacea) and now the redness has drastically faded. I follow up with a couple other products too, which I’ll talk about next.
- Green Apple Skin Toner:After I cleanse my face with the face wash, I use a skin toner. I’ve never really been one to use toners because…I didn’t know a whole lot about them. But this one is really gentle on my skin and contains witch hazel which is one of the most awesome things ever! (It seriously has a million uses). I’ve noticed my face has broken out less and my skin looks overall brighter.
- Face Lotion: After I use the toner, I, of course, moisturize because my skin is dryer than the Sahara. The lotion is light, unscented, and non-greasy. It absorbs pretty quickly so you can put it under makeup and whatnot and it also lets your skin breathe.
- Night Cream: Now this one is probably the only product of Brandless that I can really complain about. Well, not that there is anything wrong with the product per se, I think it is just my skin. Night creams are usually for older folks who need some serious DEEP moisturizing. This is one of their newer products and I thought I’d give it a shot, but I’ve noticed my face breaks out a little the couple of times I have used it before bed. My theory is that since I am only 30 years old, maybe my skin isn’t quite ready for something like that, but it isn’t a bad product. It has a light scent also.
- Coconut Oil: It’s somewhat small but still not bad for the price!
- Green Tea: I’ve tasted a lot of green tea in my day and honestly a lot of them taste like paper or…something. This one doesn’t! It actually has a fresh taste to it so I can’t complain.
- Soothing Hard Candy: These candies come with lemon & honey and ginger. The ginger ones are the darker colored wrapper and the lemon and honey are the gold colored wrapper. I love the lemon and honey ones! the ginger ones I use when my stomach isn’t feeling well and it really helps. I keep them in my purse or my backpack when I go to class.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Okay, so here is probably the only one I don’t like. Granted, Brandless macaroni and cheese is organic, no funky stuff, etc. To me, it doesn’t taste good. To each his own.
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti: I have had whole wheat spaghetti before and it tasted sort of…stiff. Bland. I can’t describe it. But Brandless wheat spaghetti gets soft enough to eat.
- Mechanical Pencils: they write really well and don’t break easily. My only complaint is that the eraser is pretty small.
- Face Scrub: It smells good and isn’t too oily. Its a salt scrub so not as harsh as some sugar scrubs can be (brown sugar especially). I use it a couple times a week after I use the face wash mentioned above.
Well, there you have it. These are all the products I have used from Brandless. With everything on their site being $3 each, you’re bound to find quality stuff for less than most (if not all) department stores or grocery stores.
Check out their products here: www.brandless.com